Newsletters, Content and Much More
Do you like to keep in regular contact with your customers? Regular contact is a simple way to remind your customers, “Hey, I’m out here!” Quality contact is an easy way to bring a customer back.
One easy way to keep the communication lines open is a newsletter. Monthly, Quarterly, Weekly. Your choice! (Although, don’t overwhelm your customers with too much information in too short a time period.) Another way to open up dialogue is through Social Media like Facebook where you can point your fans to articles they would be interested in that are relevant to your business.
How to start your list
If you decide to reach out to your customers through a newsletter you can start a simple mailing list by using a newsletter service like Constant Contact. They have a ‘Join My Mailing List Box’ that you can place on Facebook or your own website. Here is an example of a subscription box we use on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MilitaryAvenue?sk=app_4949752878 or http://www.facebook.com/MilitaryAvenue?sk=app_141428856257.
You may also consider asking new customers when they come in to your store or place of business if they would like to receive your newsletter. If they do, ask for their email address. Perhaps a simple clipboard and paper kept by your cash register or computer will work well too.
But what about Material?
As a MilitaryAvenue Partner we invite you to peruse our content. Find what articles your customers would enjoy and then share them! If you decide to pull an article off of MilitaryAvenue.com just put a line at the bottom of the article: “Content Provided by MilitaryAvenue.com, supporting the relocation and lifestyle needs of the American Military Family”
Here are some MilitaryAvenue resources to get you started:
- MilitaryAvenue.com Resources: Are you having a baby? http://militaryavenue.com/Articles/MilitaryAvenuecom+Resources-+Are+you+having+a+baby-26852.aspx
- MilitaryAvenue.com Resources: Buying a Home – http://militaryavenue.com/Articles/MilitaryAvenuecom+Resources-+Buying+a+Home-26617.aspx
- MilitaryAvenue.com Resources: Money & The Military – http://militaryavenue.com/Articles/MilitaryAvenuecom+Resources-+Money+-+The+Military-27419.aspx
- MilitaryAvenue.com Resources: So you are getting married? –
- MilitaryAvenue.com Special: PCS Central – http://militaryavenue.com/Articles/MilitaryAvenuecom+Special-+PCS+Central-25130.aspx
- MilitaryAvenue’s Reward Finder – Local Military Discounts! – http://militaryavenue.com/RewardFinder.aspx
Also be sure to regularly glance through our Reading Room for articles to share on your Business Facebook Page, newsletter or other circulation: http://militaryavenue.com/readingroom.aspx. The latest additions to MilitaryAvenue are found here: http://www.militaryavenue.com/other/ArticleRSSFeed.aspx
Other great sources of content might be a trade association, a small business association, perhaps information from your chamber of commerce. It doesn’t take too much research to find a wealth of information to share! Just be sure that if you are printing that you aren’t breaking copyright.
Stay Connected with your customers! They will thank you. You will appreciate customers that keep coming back.
– The MilitaryAvenue.com TeamPosted byLeanne KocsisonTuesday, March 01, 2011Labels:communication,marketing,Newsletter